Guild Member Profile
- Full member
- Beer and Wine Writing. Long Features, Op Eds, News
- South East
- Associazione Degustatori Birra Professional Beer Sommelier Diploma; WSET Diploma (currently into 2nd semester)
What is the one thing you'd like to tell visitors to the Guild's website?
- Beer & Wine writer and international judge.
- Best Young Beer Writer of the Year 2016.
- WSET Diploma student
- British Guild of Beer Writers director
What you can offer as a writer/beer lover?
I’m currently in charge of beer and wine at Imbibe Magazine. I am also an award-winning writer, international wine & beer judge, and Director of the British Guild of Beer Writers.
I have worked extensively in hospitality as a sommelier, my last Head Sommelier position being at THE PIG Hotel in Brockenhurst (Limewood Group). I developed my expertise by writing for magazines, tutoring tastings and organising events. Besides my involvement in the beverage sector, I am also a musicologist. I was awarded BA and MA at the University of Bologna (Italy) and the PhD at the University of Southampton (2016).
What do you like most about being a Guild of Beer Writers member?
I enjoy to be part of an association where people, despite their different approaches and diverse backgrounds, all work towards the common goal of promoting beer as a quality product.