The best 4,500 real ale pubs in the UK
Issued: Monday September 3rd 2012
The 40th edition of CAMRA, the Campaign for Real Ale’s Good Beer Guide is set for launch on Thursday September 13th 2012, celebrating the best 4,500 real ale pubs from across the UK.
CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide 2013 is edited by multi award winning beer writer Roger Protz, and its main features are-
– 40th Anniversary Edition of the UK’s best selling beer and pub guide
– Descriptions of the top 4,500 real ale pubs in the UK, from town centre venues to rural gems.
– The Good Beer Guide is completely independent. Pubs are regularly checked by local CAMRA volunteers and, unlike many other pub guides, CAMRA makes no charge for entries.
– Unique breweries section listing all UK real ale breweries.
PR launch story highlights – Information to be released on Tuesday September 11th, and embargoed until Thursday September 13th (00:01 hours)-
– BREWERIES– New figures on the number of breweries operational across the UK set to be released. Has the nation’s brewery boom shown any signs of slowing down?
– How many real ales are produced across the UK on an annual basis?
– PUBS– Who are the landmark pubs which have featured in all 40 editions of CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide?
– CAMRA will announce its 16 Regional Pubs of the Year from across the UK. These regional winners then battle it out to be judged the nation’s best- announced early in 2013!
A limited number of review and competition copies of the Good Beer Guide 2013 are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 01727 798443.
Please call CAMRA’s press office on 01727 798443 if you would like an interview with Good Beer Guide editor Roger Protz, or a local CAMRA spokesperson on Thursday September 13th 2012.
For further information-
CAMRA Press Office, 01727 798443
Jon Howard, CAMRA Press Manager, 07939 425471