Scotland’s largest independent brewery, BrewDog has today announced it will open its fourth Scottish bar this Saturday, with the launch of BrewDog Dundee. Located in the city’s historic Chambers Building on Panmure Street, BrewDog Dundee brings the global BrewDog bar count to 18.
BrewDog Dundee is the fifth bar to be opened by the brewery this year, following launches in Gothenburg, São Paulo, Tokyo and Sheffield, with further international expansion planned for the coming months.
- The new bar is on the ground floor of the historic Chambers Building, previously used as the city’s Stock Exchange.
- The bar has a total capacity of 80 hosting 18 beers on tap showcasing the brewery’s own range of beers alongside guest beers from international craft breweries
- Guest craft beers include: Weihenstephan, Magic Rock Brewing, Clown Shoes, Mikkeller, Anchor, and Williams Brothers.
- The bar will serve gourmet sandwiches, meat & cheese platters and BrewDog beer-infused cakes, baked by local award-winning bakery, Jessie’s Kitchen.
- In the last five years, BrewDog has experienced an average of 285% annual growth, making it the fastest growing food and drink brand in the UK over the past three years*.
- BrewDog’s has opened 18 bars since 2010. The brewery is planning more bar launches throughout the summer, including Florence, Rome, Brighton and Clapham.
- In April, BrewDog opened its first off-licence, BottleDog, in London’s Kings Cross area and plans to open a series of the shops over the next 12 months.
- The brewery raised £4.25 million last year in a record six months during the third round of its pioneering crowdfunding scheme Equity for Punks.
- 2013 saw BrewDog launch its state-of-the-art brewery in Ellon, Aberdeenshire. The new brewery increased production capacity from 25,000HL to 250,000HL per annum.
- More information on BrewDog Dundee and the other BrewDog bars can be found at brewdog.com.Helen KennyJunior Account Manager