Badger Beer, brewed in Dorset since 1777, has won overall UK country winner for The Blandford Fly in the flavoured Herb and Spice category at the World Beer Awards 2019.
The World Beer Awards are global awards selecting the very best in internationally recognised beer styles, chaired by Markus Raupach, international beer judge, journalist and author. The awards promote the world’s best beers to consumers and trade throughout the world.
To top the prodigious WBA accolade, The Blandford Fly has also been awarded two stars at The Great Taste Awards. The double gongs are an outstanding achievement for the beer and further endorses Blandford Fly as a truly unique sweet and spicy golden ale.
The Hopping Hare was also recognised at the Great Taste Awards with two stars and The Cranborne Poacher also gained a star. The Great Taste Awards, organised by the Guild of Fine Food, is the acknowledged benchmark for fine food and drink.
Sarah Pace, brand manager of Badger Beer says: “Winning the overall country accolade for The Blandford Fly at The World Beer Awards is testament to the exceptional range of beers we brew at Badger. We’ve scooped a number of awards in previous years and it’s fantastic to see our range of beers continue to be recognised as some of the very best.
“We are also delighted with the Great Taste Awards as these are highly recognised as a stamp of true quality and taste. Hall & Woodhouse have been brewing beer through the generations and the expertise and knowledge is key to our award winning beers.”
The family-owned brewery uses only the finest ingredients, with every Badger beer being inspired by the Dorset countryside resulting in a diverse and characterful range of beers.
Badger Beer is available at key retailers, as well as through all the Hall & Woodhouse estate of public houses across the south of England. Badger Beer should be lightly chilled for the perfect serve.
For further information or photography please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 07881 782262; or email@example.com or 07711 157655. For more information about Exact PR please visit www.exactpr.co.uk.
Notes to editors:
- Badger Beer has been brewed in the heart of the Dorset countryside since 1777 by the family-owned independent brewer Hall & Woodhouse. Hall & Woodhouse is well known for its range of award-winning beer brewed under the Badger brand and its network of public houses throughout the South of England. The brewery is now managed by the seventh generation of the Woodhouse family.
- The Legendary Tangle Foot (5% abv and 4.7% abv in cask format) is a deceptively drinkable golden ale, made from the finest English Flagon barley and Goldings and Challenger hops. The ale has a balanced flavour of crisp malt and subtle hops, with a delicate pear drop aroma.
- The Fursty Ferret (4.4% abv and 4.1% abv in cask format) is a morishly malty, amber ale. Its dark crystal malt delivers a full-bodied biscuit taste, rounded off with a subtle floral and lemon hop aroma.
- The Golden Champion (4.5% abv) is a bright golden ale with floral hints of elderflower. It is a light and refreshing ale with a crisp taste of summer.
- The Hopping Hare (4.4% abv) is a refreshing light hoppy ale. It is a marriage of aromatic citrus American Amarillo and Cascade hops and the finest English Flagon barley.
- The Cranborne Poacher (5.7% abv) is a bold, fruity, ruby ale. It uses crystal and chocolate malts to provide a full-bodied taste with sweet, complex flavours of damson and liquorice.
- The Blandford Fly (5.2% abv) is a uniquely sweet and spicy golden ale with a refreshingly different ginger taste which is offset with hints of sweet toffee.
- For more information about Badger, please visit badgerbeers.com
- Badger Beer is a member of SIBA, The Society of Independent Brewers https://www.siba.co.uk
- Badger Beers are corporate sponsors of The Dorset Wildlife Trust.