Badger Beer, from Hall & Woodhouse, brewed in Dorset since 1777, is relaunching its popular rich winter ale, Pickled Partridge, in time for Christmas. The seasonal cask ale is available from now until the New Year, supported by PoS kits including posters and tent cards.
The 4.6% ABV beer uses crystal and chocolate malt for a fuller flavour, balanced by the generous fruity and citrus notes of First Gold and Celeia hops to give a roasted malt and hoppy after taste.
The font clip design uses a dark background to enhance its premium cues and also features a rustic-looking partridge. It clearly states that it is: ‘A winter brew with crystal and chocolate malt,’ as well as its 4.6% ABV.
Sarah Pace, Brand Manager for Badger Beer, says: “The Pickled Partridge story tells us that, suspecting his fate as the centre piece of the Sunday roast, our cunning Partridge escaped his captor with a snappy peck.
“Pickled Partridge has been our winter seasonal beer for over 10 years now and is a firm favourite in our seasonal range.”
Toby Heasman, Head Brewer for Badger Beer, adds: “The crystal and chocolate malt gives a rich malty beer and at 4.6% ABV it is the ideal pint to have with food or sat by the log fire in your local. The malty notes combine well with the fruity hop from Celeia and First Gold making it a great complement with a Sunday roast or a steak pie.“
In addition to Pickled Partridge, the Badger cask range comprises: The Legendary Tangle Foot, The Fursty Ferret and Badger Best Bitter, available exclusively in Hall & Woodhouse’s pub estate across the South of England. Tangle Foot, Fursty Ferret, The Golden Champion, The Hopping Hare, The Cranborne Poacher, and The Blandford Fly are also available in 500ml glass bottles. Tangle Foot and Fursty Ferret are available in 500ml cans. Badger also has a crafted IPA called The Wicked Wyvern IPA, available on keg in the Hall & Woodhouse estate.
Notes to editors:
- Badger Beer has been brewed in the heart of the Dorset countryside since 1777 by the family-owned independent brewer Hall & Woodhouse. Hall & Woodhouse is well known for its range of award-winning beer brewed under the Badger brand and its network of public houses throughout the South of England. The brewery is now managed by the seventh generation of the Woodhouse family.
- The Legendary Tangle Foot (5% abv and 4.7% abv in cask format) is a deceptively drinkable golden ale, made from the finest English Flagon barley and Goldings and Challenger hops. The ale has a balanced flavour of crisp malt and subtle hops, with a delicate pear drop aroma.
- The Fursty Ferret (4.4% abv and 4.1% abv in cask format) is a morishly malty, amber ale. Its dark crystal malt delivers a full-bodied biscuit taste, rounded off with a subtle floral and lemon hop aroma.
- The Golden Champion (4.5% abv) is a bright golden ale with floral hints of elderflower. It is a light and refreshing ale with a crisp taste of summer.
- The Hopping Hare (4.0% abv) is a refreshing light hoppy ale. It is a marriage of aromatic citrus American Amarillo and Cascade hops and the finest English Flagon barley.
- The Cranborne Poacher (5.7% abv) is a bold, fruity, ruby ale. It uses crystal and chocolate malts to provide a full-bodied taste with sweet, complex flavours of damson and liquorice.
- The Blandford Fly (5.2% abv) is a uniquely sweet and spicy golden ale with a refreshingly different ginger taste which is offset with hints of sweet toffee.
- The Wicked Wyvern (5% abv) is a West Coast-style IPA which is brewed with Amarillo, Cascade and Mosaic hops. The beer has a flaring deep bronze colour and a citrus aroma of zesty grapefruit, a bitter hop character and a dry hoppy finish.
- For more information about Badger, please visit badgerbeers.com
- Badger Beer is a corporate sponsor of The Dorset Wildlife Trust.