Cask Marque, and its sister company, Stay In A Pub are pleased to announce their sponsorship of the Good Beer Guide.
Paul Nunny, founder of both companies said “CAMRA identify some of the best pubs in the UK and those pubs in the guide who are in Cask Marque will have our symbol by the side of their entry as an endorsement. We work together to ensure consumers enjoy a great pint of cask ale.
Regarding accommodation it is becoming an important third income stream for pubs, particularly rural and links on the Good Beer Guide app to the Stay In A Pub website makes it easy for consumers to book and enjoy the culture and a pub atmosphere.”
Tom Stainer CAMRA Chief Executive commented:
“Cask Marque has been a key player in encouraging pubs to serve cask ale at its best, so it’s a perfect match for CAMRA’s Good Beer Guide, which celebrates and promotes the best of cask ale pubs. Cask ale fans want to know where they can get their pints in the best condition, Cask Marque shows pubs how to do this, and the Good Berer Guide lets you know where to find them. Cask Marque’s support of CAMRA has been very welcome over many years and we’re especially pleased it is involved with the Good Beer Guide in our anniversary year.”
The Guide is planned to be launched on the 11th November.
Notes to the editor:
- Cask Marque was formed as a non profit making organisation in 1998 to promote beer quality and in particular, cask.
- Cask Marque has over 9,000 pubs in their accreditation scheme.
- Pubs need to pass two inspections each year by a qualified assessor to retain their accreditation.
- The Cask Marque plaque is recognised by 77% of cask ale drinkers (You Gov Survey)
- The free CaskFinder app is used 60,000 times a month to find Cask Marque pubs.
- The CaskFinder app includes the World’s Biggest Ale Trail and has 10,000 ale trailers.
Stay In A Pub
- Was formed in 2013 to give pubs a presence on the internet where 80% of accommodation is booked.
- It currently list 1,300 pubs covering the whole of the UK.
- The website, which is built particularly for mobile users, has 50,000 hits a month.
- The company has an objective to support both the trade and consumer to maximise the use of pub accommodation.
- The company raised £¾m of funds in 2019 primarily to be spent on marketing.
Press release from Cask Marque
Paul Nunny Paul@cask-marque.co.uk 07768 614065