The South West’s leading independent brewery, St Austell, has scooped two prestigious industry honours for the third year in a row at the 2014 Publicans’ Choice Awards.
St Austell Brewery has once again been named the UK Regional Brewer of the Year, and its flagship Tribute Ale has won the title of Best Regional Cask Ale Brand.
The Publicans’ Choice Awards are the only awards voted for entirely by pub licensees across the country, making them highly respected awards within the brewing trade.
When voting for the Regional Brewer award publicans were asked to take into consideration branding, quality, support and customer demand; while Tribute was awarded the Regional Cask Ale Brand title due to its popularity with consumers and consistent quality.
James Staughton, managing director of St Austell Brewery, said: “Winning both awards, three years in a row, is absolutely fantastic and all of the team here are delighted. The fact that the awards are voted for by pub licensees make them all the more valued and it’s great to know that publicans across Britain recognise the quality of our products and the high standards of our service and support.
“These two awards have added to an amazing year for St Austell Brewery beers which have won a staggering 21 regional, national and international awards so far in 2014.,.
“Publicans are the lifeblood of our industry who work day in and day out for their customers and I would like to thank everyone who took the time to vote for us.”
The Publicans’ Choice Awards, formerly the Publicans’ Supplier Awards, are organised by the Publican’s Morning Advertiser, the only weekly pub trade publication in the UK.
Licensees across the country are invited to vote for their most rated suppliers across a range of categories including best cask ale, cider, spirits, snacks and soft drinks, as well as for the suppliers who provide the most overall commitment to their pub customers.
Robyn Black, drinks editor of the Publican’s Morning Advertiser, said:“Winning a Publican’s Choice Award is a real endorsement from those on the front line of the pub trade – the licensees who have themselves voted.
“Hundreds took the time and effort to vote for the brands and services that they feel are the absolute best, and so all of our Publican’s Choice Award winners should be justifiably proud of what they have achieved.”
Notes to editors:
St Austell Brewery (www.staustellbrewery.co.uk)
- With a large number of award wins under its belt, including, most recently, Best Drink, at the Food Reader Awards in 2013 and voted the licensees’ Regional Cask Ale of the Year at the Publicans’ Suppliers Awards 2012, its flagship Tribute Ale (4.2% ABV) is currently in the top five of the UK’s best selling premium cask ales.
- Founded in 1851, St Austell Brewery is known to be one of the oldest businesses in Cornwall.
- It is one of only 30 Independently Family Owned Brewers in the UK.
- The company owns over 170 pubs and inns across the South West.
- It is the South West’s largest wholesale distributor of beer, ciders, wines, spirits and soft drinks, serving more than 3,000 free trade accounts, from pubs, clubs, restaurants, hotels and other licensed outlets in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset and Bristol.
- The company employs up to 1,000 people including part-time and seasonal staff.
- The company brews five main cask ale beer brands: Tribute, Proper Job, Trelawny, Dartmoor Best and HSD. Korev Cornish Lager is also available on draught.
- The bottled beer range consists of HSD, Tribute, Proper Job, Admiral’s Ale, Trelawny, Smugglers Vintage Ale, Smugglers Grand Cru, Clouded Yellow wheat beer, 1913 Cornish Stout and Korev Cornish lager.
- The company markets its cask ales nationally.
- The company also distributes a full range of national brands of beers and minerals and a full range of wines and spirits under the Walter Hicks label.
- The company is a recognised centre of excellence for training, accredited by the British Institute of Innkeeping (BII), offering a wide range of courses to people who work in the licensed trade.
For further information, please contact:
Jeremy Mitchell Tom Cowle
Director of Marketing & Communications DCA PR
St Austell Brewery PR on behalf of St Austell Brewery
Tel: 01726 627149 Tel: 01208 77900, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org