The Guild’s annual awards are now open for entries, with a deadline of 2nd September.
This year’s awards offer more categories than ever before – 16 in total including new Awards for Best Communication About Diversity in Beer, and for Best Communication about Cider. Several categories have been reshaped, including the previous Broadcast award which now offers separate prizes for Best Video and Best Audio.
The prize fund also stands at a record high of £18, 500, to be shared between winners and runners up.
All category winners, runners-up and the overall Beer Writer of the Year as well as Brewer of the Year sponsored by SIBA, will be announced at the Guild’s popular Awards Dinner, taking place on 23 November at One Great George Street in London.
All entries will be judged on how well they further the Guild’s mission “to extend public knowledge and appreciation of beer and pubs”. Judging is carried out by a panel of writers, communicators and industry experts chaired by Pete Brown, current Beer Writer of the Year.
For more information and to enter, visit: Awards | The British Guild of Beer Writers (beerguild.co.uk)
This year’s categories are:
- Best Commissioned Beer Writing, sponsored by Greene King
- Best Beer Communicator, Regional Media, sponsored by Adnams
- Best Book about Beer or Pubs, sponsored by HEINEKEN
- Best Audio Beer Communication, sponsored by Asahi UK
- Best Video Beer Communication, sponsored by St Austell Brewery
- Best Communication about No and Low Alcohol Beer, sponsored by Budweiser Brewing Group UK&I
- Best Communication about Sustainability in Beer and Pubs, sponsored by Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company
- Best Communication about Beer and Travel, sponsored by VISITFLANDERS
- Best Communication about Pubs, sponsored by Shepherd Neame
- Best Newcomer to Beer Communication, sponsored by Fuller, Smith & Turner
- Best Citizen Beer Communicator, sponsored by Krombacher
- NEW: Guild Award for Best Communication About Diversity in Beer
- NEW: Best Communication About Cider
- Best Beer Business Communication
- Best Self-Published Beer Writing
- Best Corporate Beer Communication
Thanks to our sponsors who make the Awards and dinner possible.