Hogs Back Brewery partners with florist to create fresh, local gift for special day
With pub visits and family gatherings off the table this Mother’s Day, Surrey-based Hogs Back Brewery is helping sons and daughters to treat mum with a choice of new, limited-edition ‘beer and flowers’ gift packs, available for collection or delivery up to and on the day itself.
With a focus on local provenance and freshness, each Mother’s Day gift set includes a hand-tied bouquet of local flowers from Ash Vale florist Yours Truly, packaged with a selection of Hogs Back beers including flagship TEA (Traditional English Ale), Hog IPA, Hogstar Juicy Lager, Surrey Nirvana, Little Swine low-alcohol beer and Montezuma’s Chocolate Lager.
Beers are presented in an open hamper-style pack, and the bouquets are presented in a card container with water reserve. Customers can choose a pack with either three or six bottles of beer, or a bottle of prosecco, and pick it up from the Click & Collect service at the brewery in Tongham, or have it delivered to mum through Hogs Back’s Home Delivery service.
Hogs Back Brewery managing director Rupert Thompson said: “With many families sadly unable to see their mums on Mother’s Day for a second year running due to the pandemic, we thought there would be an appetite for a gift that combines fresh, quality products from two local suppliers. The bouquets from Yours Truly are exquisite and any mum would be happy to receive one, especially when accompanied by something delicious to drink.
“Lockdown has had very few bright spots, particularly for anyone in the hospitality industry, but it has motivated us to gear up our Home Delivery Service and we’re now delivering our draught, bottled and canned beers to an expanding number of homes across Surrey and beyond. So we have the infrastructure in place to create partnerships with interesting suppliers like Yours Truly, and offer customers something uniquely local, delivered fresh to their homes.
“Most mums would probably choose a family pub lunch as their top Mother’s Day gift, but we think an interesting selection of local beers with flowers and chocolate probably comes a close second!”
The three beer and flower gift packs from Hogs Back are:
- Fresh Flowers & Small Beer Gift Pack (£30): bouquet and one bottle each of Hazy Hog cider, Hogstar Juicy Lager Little Swine
- Fresh Flowers & Prosecco (£37.50): bouquet and bottle of Lunetta Spumante Prosecco
- Fresh Flowers & Large Beer Hamper (£45): one bottle each of Hazy Hog cider, Hogstar Juicy Lager, Little Swine, Surrey Nirvana, TEA and Hog IPA, and two bars of Montezumas chocolate
Notes to editors
- Hogs Back Brewery was founded in 1992 in Tongham, in the heart of the traditional Surrey hop growing area.
- Its flagship brand TEA, or Traditional English Ale, is one of the leading regional ales in the South East. The first beer brewed by Hogs Back in 1992, TEA has won multiple awards including runner-up in CAMRA’s Champion Beer of Britain in 2000.
- The Hogs Back Brewery range includes a number of award-winning draught, bottled and canned beers, demonstrating its ability to combine brewing expertise and tradition with product innovation to create distinctive, memorable beers.
- Hogs Back’s traditional cloudy cider, Hazy Hog, launched in 2013, won a Bronze medal in the International Cider Challenge in 2019.
- Hogs Back planted a hop garden adjacent to its brewery in 2014, growing three hop varieties: Fuggles – used in its flagship TEA ale; Cascade – used in Hogstar lager; and Farnham White Bine.
- Hogs Back relocated its hop garden in 2019 and completed its first commercial harvest of this site in September 2020.
- While pubs are closed during lockdown, Hogs Back continues to sell its beers through supermarkets and direct to customers, offering Drive Through and Click & Collect options at the brewery, or delivering direct to homes. Details on all options can be viewed on the website.
Issued by: ShielPorter Communications on behalf of Hogs Back
email@example.com / 07841 694137
firstname.lastname@example.org / 07734 054389