Ready for summer, St Austell Brewery is expanding its beer range with the launch of a new chilled IPA inspired by its hugely popular Proper Job.
Proper Cool IPA is a powerfully hopped American-style 5.5% India Pale Ale, with strong citrus notes, brewed using three American hops – Cascade, Chinook and Willamette.
The new brew has been developed in partnership with Cornwall’s own world-famous Eden Project who are planning to grow samples of the three American hops at the Cornwall site and will be serving Proper Cool IPA in their Mediterranean biome.
The chilled IPA, brewed using natural Cornish spring water and Maris Otter barley will be available on draught and served in a branded, stemmed ‘schooner’- a two-thirds of a pint glass.
St Austell Brewery’s Marketing and Communications Director Jeremy Mitchell said: “There is an increasing interest, particularly among drinkers in their 20’s and 30’s for American inspired chilled IPAs on draught. With the summer just around the corner and building on the huge popularity of our Proper Job cask and bottled ales, it’s the perfect time to launch Proper Cool IPA, which will be served chilled to perfection.”
Proper Cool IPA joins St Austell Brewery’s long list of award-winning draught beers including Tribute, Proper Job and Korev Cornish lager.
Proper Cool IPA will be available through St Austell Brewery’s Free Trade and National Sales channels as well as within the company’s own pub estate.
Notes to editors:
St Austell Brewery (www.staustellbrewery.co.uk)
· St Austell Brewery was named Best Regional Brewer at the Publicans Choice Awards 2013, and has a large number of other award wins under its belt.
· Its flagship Tribute Ale (4.2% ABV) was named Best Drink at the Food Reader Awards in 2013; voted the licensees’ Regional Cask Ale of the Year at the Publicans’ Suppliers Awards 2012 and is currently in the top five of the UK’s best selling premium cask ales.
· Founded in 1851, St Austell Brewery is known to be one of the oldest businesses in Cornwall.
· It is one of only 30 Independently Family Owned Brewers in the UK.
· The company owns over 170 pubs and inns across the South West.
· It is the South West’s largest wholesale distributor of beer, ciders, wines, spirits and soft drinks, serving more than 3,000 free trade accounts, from pubs, clubs, restaurants, hotels and other licensed outlets in Cornwall, Devon, Somerset, Dorset and Bristol.
· The company employs up to 1,000 people including part-time and seasonal staff.
· The company brews five main cask ale beer brands: Tribute, Proper Job, Trelawny, Dartmoor Best and HSD. Korev Cornish Lager is also available on draught.
· The bottled beer range consists of HSD, Tribute, Proper Job, Admiral’s Ale, Trelawny, Smugglers Vintage Ale, Smugglers Grand Cru, Clouded Yellow wheat beer, 1913 Cornish Stout and Korev Cornish lager.
· The company markets its cask ales nationally.
· The company also distributes a full range of national brands of beers and minerals and a full range of wines and spirits under the Walter Hicks label.
· The company is a recognised centre of excellence for training, accredited by the British Institute of Innkeeping (BII), offering a wide range of courses to people who work in the licensed trade.
For further information, please contact:
Director of Marketing & Communications
St Austell Brewery
Tel: 01726 627149