New software developed by taster management specialist FlavorActiV has been warmly welcomed by the brewers and beverage companies using it to maintain the effectiveness of their in-house tasting panels.
A user survey has found that the vast majority of panels find the new Taster Validation Software (TVS) faster and easier to use. Launched in October 2011, the licensed software improves the process of taster validation, which is generally undertaken by in-house tasting team leaders.
Users were asked to rate a series of statements about the new TVS on a one-to-ten scale from ‘strongly disagree’ (1) to ‘strongly agree’ (10). Key findings included*:
- 95 per cent of users believe the new software is faster than before
- 90 per cent of users believe the software is easier to use
- 85 per cent of users believe the software is an improvement
All users rated the support received from FlavorActiV during the transition to the new software as ‘good’ or ‘excellent’. Dr Boris Gadzov, FlavorActiV director of taster management, said: “More than 80 per cent of users already believe our new software has made taster validation easier, and that percentage will increase as the advantages of the new system are demonstrated to more of our customers.”
Taster validation is a core element of the service provided by FlavorActiV. The process tests the tasting ability of panel members and is carried out every two months. Gadzov added: “The redesigned software is an integral part of our taster validation, and the positive results of our initial survey show that our customers are spending less time on administration, and more time on tasting, which was our primary objective in developing it.”
Taster validation is accomplished by sending a set of anonymous flavours to panel members. These are dissolved in beer or another beverage, and panel members try to identify the flavours. Using the new TVS, team leaders and others can pull up results on an individual, panel, site or company-wide basis, using the range of options provided for graphs and charts to display them. Problems at all levels are easy to spot and remedy, usually through further training, before they cause any problems with beer or beverage quality.
Features of the software include:
- Multilingual capability
- An intuitive, fully user-friendly process
- Greatly improved speed and ease of use
- A wider range of functionality and data manipulation
- All results encrypted and securely stored
For more information about FlavorActiV’s taster management services, visit www.flavoractiv.com
* Based on a statement given a rating of 5 or more
Notes to editors
- FlavorActiV is the world’s leading provider of taster management services to the brewing and beverage industries. It provides the tools and training to allow drinks businesses to create and maintain high quality technical tasting panels in house
- FlavorActiV operates in Europe, North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Africa, The Caribbean, China and South East Asia. It has more than 2,000 customers in 170 countries, including global brewers such as Diageo, Heineken and SABMiller.
- All information and products are readily available on the internet and all Global Sensory Managers are available on telephone and email. The company carries a range of flavour standards and internet accessible software in its product programme.
* * * * *
Issued on behalf of: FlavorActiV Limited
Further information: Ros Shiel: email@example.com / 07841 694137
John Porter: firstname.lastname@example.org / 07734 054389