Vocation, one of the UK’s largest and fastest-growing craft beer breweries, is launching a collaborative beer with Brew//LDN, the largest craft beer event in the UK. The result of the exclusive beer partnership is a new brew which will be showcased at the renowned London craft beer festival at London’s Printworks on 6th and 7th May 2022, as well as at other events later in the summer.
Glitch is a Double Dry Hopped Pale Ale which is aptly brewed with London Fog Yeast to create a hazy, hoppy beer with citrussy notes of grapefruit, orange and lime, complete with a soft, juicy finish. It has an abv of 5.2% and comes in a 440ml can as well as on keg.
The beer is available at Brew//LDN, from Vocation’s branded bar inside the event and from Vocation’s new branded Defender outside at the event, set among the food stalls. It will also be at Stowaway Festival in August www.stowawayfestival.co.uk and via Vocation’s website www.vocationbrewery.com. The name Glitch refers to the glitched artwork of the dog, featuring three different-coloured layers of the dog. Glitch art uses digital errors for aesthetic purposes.
John Hadingham, Sales Director at Vocation Brewery, says: “We are delighted to be partnering with the organiser of this key on-trade industry event to create its sole collaborative beer together. Glitch is heavily hopped and is brewed with London Fog Yeast to maximise its flavour. It will be available in keg format to drink at Brew//LDN as well as in cans to take home. We are looking forward to hearing industry and consumer feedback on the beer at one of the most important events in the on-trade calendar.”
Toby Chantrell, Co-Founder of Brew//LDN, says: “We are thrilled to be collaborating with Vocation Brewery to launch Glitch for Brew//LDN in May. We rolled out some collaborative beers at the event last year, but this is a much more involved and exciting project that we will be taking to other events later in the summer, such as Stowaway Festival. The London Fog yeast links the beer nicely with the city, whilst the the dog on the packaging is an illustration of the Brew//LDN’s other Co-Founder Jack Fallon’s dog. He is such a special pet that we thought he deserved to have his image on a beer can and pumpclip.”
Vocation Brewery is an independent craft brewery based in Hebden Bridge, Yorkshire, founded in 2015 by John Hickling, with just himself, a rebuilt chicken shed and a dog for company. Today the brewery has 60 staff and sold over 10 million cans in 2021. They’ve come a long way, but it’s still their vocation.
Notes to editors:
- Vocation’s core range comprises:
- Life & Death (6.5% abv): a ballsy, US style IPA with flavours of tropical and citrus fruits, with a lingering bitterness set against a smooth malty backbone
- Divide & Conquer (5% abv): a fearlessly hop forward New England Pale Ale with notes of pineapple, passionfruit and pine for an uncompromising juiciness and a haze that won’t quit.
- Hop, Skip & Juice (5.7% abv): a tropical pale ale with heavy doses of citrussy Simcoe to get lips hopping.
- Bread & Butter (3.9% abv): a dry, hopped pale ale using layers of US hops set against a backbone of British malts. What this beer lacks in strength, it makes up for in character.
- Heart & Soul (4.4% abv): a session IPA with an intense fruit-salad character that comes from generous additions of US West Coast hops. Notes of passionfruit, gooseberry, pineapple and mango.
- Smash & Grab (8% abv): a hop-bomb DIPA, crammed full of fruity tropical and citrus flavours from only the freshest, tastiest, hops. The finish is smooth, sharp and moreish.
- Hebden Lager (5% abv): in our little town of eccentrics and artisans we like to create the unexpected and unrivalled. This clean, crisp and refreshing lager is no exception.
- Pride & Joy (5.3% abv): a classic, American-style pale ale which is crisp, very hoppy and aromatic. Flavours and aromas of mango, citrus, earthy pine, tropical fruit and blueberry.
- Perfect Storm (6.6% abv): packed full of citrus aromas and a boatload of hops, this New England Pale Ale is dank and juicy with full-on flavours and low bitterness.
- Triple Vision (10% abv): a thick and juice Triple IPA. Some say three’s a crowd but in our opinion it’s the more the murkier. This Triple IPA has got you in its sights.
- Sweet Temptation (6.6% abv): a chocolate caramel stout collaboration beer with the giants of Brew York. This silky smooth, rich and seductive stout is impossible to resist.
- Roll with It: (5.2% abv): with super juice hops and a pillowy soft mouthfeel, this DDH Pale Ale is hazy, hoppy and dangerously drinkable.
- East & West: a collaboration between Gweilo and Vocation, East & West Pale Ale is a soft, hazy beer imparts notes of ripe papaya, guava and pineapple, leading into a dank flavour profile on the finish.
- For more information about Vocation, please visit vocationbrewery.com.
- For more information about Brew//LDN, please click on brewldn.com.
Press release from Vocation Brewery
For further information or photography please contact Jo Grobel at Exact PR at firstname.lastname@example.org