The brewers’ latest bar to open inside their futuristic distribution centre.
Independent Scottish craft brewer BrewDog are renowned for their continued stand for beer quality, and earlier this year they demonstrated this with the opening of a 130,000ft2 fully-chilled warehouse near Glasgow, code-named the ‘Hop Hub’. Last Saturday, they demonstrated again, their commitment by opening one of their most unique bars to date. BrewDog Hop Hub has gained its own taproom – serving up beer which is ice cold and the pinnacle of freshness.
• The newest UK BrewDog Bar is attached to the Hop Hub warehouse in North Lanarkshire, which at time of opening in the spring of 2019 was Europe’s first fully-refrigerated beer warehouse for national distribution. The brewer has built a taproom onsite for visitors to see, first-hand, their commitment to beer quality, and have the opportunity to taste beer which has never left the cold-chain since being brewed.
• The brewery have an industry-leading passion for transporting, storing and serving beer at a temperature that retains its fragile aromas and flavours intact. They have described the Hop Hub as their ‘secret weapon’ in this quest – fitted with six blast chillers it ensures all of the beer in stock remains in cold storage, thus unaffected by rises in temperature that can degrade its condition and taste.
• The Hop Hub taproom has ten taps of BrewDog craft beer on offer, pouring direct from the cold store and served at the perfect temperature. For those looking for a 24hr craft beer fix, it will also have a range of beers from the Aberdeenshire brewery to take away.
• Anyone who arrives with an appetite will be able to treat themselves to BrewDog’s hugely popular menu of freshly-made pizzas, such as the Spicy Meaty, topped with ‘nduja, spicy pepperoni, chilli flakes, smashed Napoli tomatoes, Scottish mozzarella.
• BrewDog Hop Hub can be found at BrewDog Eurocentral, 2 Condor Glen, Holytown, ML1 4UY, just north of Motherwell in North Lanarkshire. The taproom is a short distance from Scotland’s busiest motorway, the M8, and can be reached by those travelling in either direction between Glasgow and Edinburgh. Eastbound traffic can leave at junction 7, Westbound at junction 6 – signs for Eurocentral will lead towards the taproom.
• The warehouse itself opened in April and is located within the 650-acre Eurocentral complex outside Glasgow. With over 60 staff on site, it receives the equivalent of up to 1 million cans of beer a day from BrewDog’s brewery in Ellon, Aberdeenshire. With the trucks also fully refrigerated, Hop Hub is a key component in BrewDog’s commitment to cold-chain transit of craft beer.
• For more information and to contact the Hop Hub taproom directly, please visit: www.brewdog.com/uk/bars/uk/hophub/
James Watt, Captain of BrewDog, said:
“We are committed to going the extra mile so that you can enjoy brewery-fresh quality beer, and our Hop Hub distribution centre is at the centre of this passion. The new on-site taproom is a place where you can drink our beer as if it was just-packaged; our devotion to freshness is now open for all to see. Pull up a chair, order a pizza and discover what our lifetime obsession with beer quality has led to.
You can enjoy beer there or pick it up to go but in either case it will have remained fully-chilled for the entirety of its short life. We believe the principle of ‘store cold drink fresh’ is more than a solution for the craft beer industry – it should be a mantra that we all live by. Beer quality is the single most important thing on our radar. Hopefully the Hop Hub taproom will now be on yours.”
— ENDS —
About BrewDog plc
Since 2007 BrewDog has been on a mission to make other people as passionate about great craft beer as we are. From the Headliner series, which includes bold, uncompromising pack leaders like the flagship Punk IPA, to the Amplified range (beer, but turned up to 11), BrewDog brews beer that blows people’s minds and has kick-started a revolution.
Cofounders James Watt and Martin Dickie shook up the business world in 2010 with the launch of pioneering crowdfunding initiative Equity for Punks, an initiative that has seen the company raise £74m over six rounds, with their latest round open until April 2020. The funds and the army of punk shareholders (125,000) has enabled the Scottish craft brewery to scale up without selling out.
With over 90 bars across the globe, export into 60 countries, and breweries in Columbus Ohio, Berlin Germany and Brisbane Australia, BrewDog continues to take the craft beer revolution stratospheric, whilst continuing to push the boundaries, invest in people, put the beer first, and champion other small breweries in its venues.
For more information, please contact: