Purity Brewing Company’s director of brewing Flo Vialan has been named ‘Brewer of the Year’ at the All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group Beer Awards.
The highly-prized and prestigious award is one of only a small number handed out annually by the government-related All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group.
The fantastic Frenchman, who hails from Lyon and has been Head Brewer with Purity for nearly 11 years, has been recognised for his wide-ranging skills in and out of the brewhouse and for his complete embodiment of Purity’s core values: brewing great beer without prejudice, with a conscience and with a consistency and attention to detail, which is second to none.
As well as a dedicated eco-friendly brewer with a degree in Environmental Science and Agriculture, Flo has been crucial in Purity’s development of all their beer’s and their continued success as one of the leading craft brewers in the UK
Having been unaware of the nomination, let alone the win, Flo was summoned to the stage in front of over 200 attendees and 80 MPs at Westminster’s One Great George Street this week to receive his award.
In its own words, the All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group Beer Awards aims to:
- promote the wholesomeness and enjoyment of beer and the unique role of the pub in UK society
- increase understanding of the social, cultural and historic role of brewing and pubs in the UK and their value to tourism
- broaden recognition of the contribution of brewing and pubs to employment and to the UK’s economy
- promote understanding of the social responsibility exercised by the brewing and pub industries
- support the UK’s brewing industry worldwide
The awards night sees beers served under the watchful guidance of the Beer Academy, Cask Marque and the Institute of Brewing and Distilling.
Speaking about Flo’s award, Purity MD Paul Halsey, comments: “He is one of the most dedicated, meticulous and driven brewers I have ever met, as well as being a central part of the Purity family , so this award is very well deserved. I take particular pride in Flo’s journey with us here at the brewery, but even more so in the fact he didn’t know about the nomination and had to get up on stage in front of so many people. Nice one Flo.”
And the man himself, lapping up his newfound fame, had this to say: “I am incredibly proud and thankful to receive this award. It’s not often you get to combine your work with one of your hobbies and I feel privileged that I get to do this every day. It’s not just for me though, this award I would like to share with my excellent brewing team at Purity that continue to push boundaries, strive to improve each day and ensure the beer we brew is the best possible. I’d like to thank the APPBG for this award and also the whole team at Purity as I couldn’t do my job if it wasn’t for the rest of the guys doing theirs, it truly is a team effort!”
– ENDS –
Notes to editors
About Purity Brewing Co.
Purity Brewing Co. is a company dedicated to making a difference. In its award-winning products: Mad Goose, Pure Gold, Pure UBU, Saddle Black, Longhorn IPA and Lawless Lager – Purity demands premium quality and uniqueness. In service, Purity offers distinction, approachability and integrity.
Central to the brewer is a strong commitment to supporting the environment. Purity only uses natural ingredients, supports recycling programmes and respects the community. Also, waste products are recycled through a pond and wetland system. This sustainable eco-system helps minimise carbon dioxide emissions and encourage wildlife diversity.
Further information: Richard Harris firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mad Goose, Best Bitter at the Wolverhampton CAMRA Beer & Cider Festival 2017
- Purity Brewing Company, winners of Small Business and Fast Growth Business of the Year awards at the West Midlands Business Masters awards 2017
- Longhorn IPA – Gold, Small Pack Strong Bitters and Pale Ales at the SIBA National Independent Beer Awards 2017
- Purity Brewing Company – Winners, Marketing Implementation at the SIBA Business and Industry Award 2017
- Best Brewery Experience winner at the 2016 IWSC Beer Awards 2016
- Longhorn IPA and Pure Gold – Gold medalists at the SIBA Midlands Beer Competition 2016
- Mad Goose – Best Bitter at the 2016 IWSC Beer Awards
- Mad Goose, five star beer winner in the Best Bitter category at The Beer Awards 2016
- Pure Gold, X, Longhorn, Saddle Black & Mad Goose – medal winners at the International Beer Challenge 2016
- Purity Brewing Company – Midlands Sustainable Manufacturer of the Year 2016
- ‘X’ Unfiltered Bourbon Rye IPA – Winner Best Packaging Design, SIBA Business Awards 2016
- Pure Gold – 2016 CAMRA Champion Beer of the West Midlands Medalist
- Pure UBU and Lawless Lager, global winners at the World Beer Awards 2015
- Mad Goose, Longhorn IPA & Gnarly, medalists at the International Beer Challenge 2015
- Pure UBU – World’s and UK’s Best Amber Ale, World Beer Awards 2015
- Lawless Lager – Worlds and UKs Best German-style Lager, World Beer Awards 2015
- Purity Brewing Company – Sustainable Manufacturer of the Year 2015
- Mad Goose Gold Award Winner at the Great British Beer Festival 2014
- Saddle Black Bronze Award at Great British Beer Festival 2014
- Longhorn IPA Finalist at the Indie Beer Can Competition 2014
Visit www.puritybrewing.com for more information.
Issued on behalf of Purity Brewing Co by Gough Bailey Wright, St Johns House, 16 Church Street, Bromsgrove, Worcester, B61 8DN, Tel: 01527 579555. For further information please contact: Richard Harris, email@example.com