The top movers and shakers of the UK drinks industry gathered last night in London to hear the results of the Imbibe Personality of the Year Awards 2018.
The nominees were voted for by Imbibe magazine’s readers in record-breaking numbers and the shortlist included the highest calibre of UK on-trade professionals.
JJ Goodman, Founder and Owner of The London Cocktail Club bar group, Craft Cocktail Co. bottled cocktails and Keystones Cocktail Club picked up the prestigious Chairman’s Award.
Imbibe editor, Chris Losh, commented: ‘As bar operator, brand owner and globally-recognised celebrity bartender, the influence of JJ Goodman on the on-trade is both significant and varied, with one major success after another.
‘With his next plan being to help create the first Government-recognised qualification in bartending, this award was an easy decision. This passion to support others in the industry is exactly what Imbibe is all about and we are really proud to recognise the achievements of all our nominees.’
The winners on the night were:
- Mia Johansson, Swift – Bar Personality of The Year 2018 (sponsored by Fernet Branca)
- Tim Bird, Cheshire Cat Pubs and Bars – Pub Personality of The Year 2018 (sponsored by Luscombe Drinks)
- Owen Morgan, The Bar 44 Group – Restaurant Personality of The Year 2018 (sponsored by Champagne Gosset)
- Declan McGurk & Erik Lorincz, American Bar at the Savoy – Hotel Personality of The Year 2018 (sponsored by Ketel One Vodka)
- Tristan Stephenson & Tom Aske, Fluid Movement – Innovator of The Year 2018 (sponsored by Ramón Bilbao)
- Gabe Cook, The Ciderologist – Educator of The Year 2018 (sponsored by Brew + Press)
- Greg Almeida – Hot Stuff 2018 (sponsored by Bulleit)
- David Bruce, The City Pub Group and Alessandro Palazzi, Dukes – Industry Legend 2018 (sponsored by Southern Comfort)
- JJ Goodman, The London Cocktail Club – Chairman’s Award 2018 (sponsored by Tanqueray No. Ten)
Judges for the competition included restaurateur George Bergier, the Connaught Bar’s Ago Perrone, Michelin-starred chef Adam Byatt, Northcote’s Craig Bancroft, Gin Journey’s Leon Dalloway, Beer Belle Annabel Smith, Mixology Group’s Myles Cunliffe and the Imbibe editorial team.
– ENDS –
For further information visit www.imbibe.com
Imbibe launched the Personality of the Year Awards in 2011 and previous winners have included Heston Blumenthal, Ronan Sayburn MS, Thinking Drinkers, Alex Kratena, Christine Parkinson, Xavier Rousset MS, Dee Davies, Lyndon Higginson, Stuart McCluskey, Salvatore Calabrese, Laura Rhys MS, Thomas Decan, the Galvin Brothers and Jake Burger, as well as many other on-trade professionals. The 2018 awards were presented on Monday 12th February at Mahiki Kensington.
Launched in March 2007, Imbibe magazine has rapidly become the UK’s leading magazine for on-trade drinks professionals working in premium UK establishments. Imbibe is a quarterly magazine, with more than 20,000 drinks buyers and servers in the UK receiving a copy. Copies are available upon request.
For all press enquiries, including images, please contact: Amy Seabrook on 020 8910 7857 or email@example.com
Media Contacts: Amy Seabrook
020 8910 7857
Sonja van Praag
Publishing & Events Director