Jane Peyton, award winning drinks educator, writer, instigator of the UK’s national beer day – Beer Day Britain – founder of the School of Booze and Member of the British Guild of Beer Writers has been appointed as the sole drinks ambassador for the Love British Food/British Food Fortnight 2019 Campaign. The latter runs from 21st September to 6th October 2019.
The aim of the Love British Food campaign is to encourage consumers to ‘buy British’ when they make their food and drink purchases and to persuade retailers and caterers responsible for sourcing food in schools, hospitals and food outlets to make British food their preferred choice.
As an ambassador Jane Peyton will be advocating for British drinks and encouraging pub groups, retailers, restaurants and caterers to focus on British drinks, not just during British Food Fortnight but year-round.
Jane commented ‘I’m really looking forward to my role as an advocate for British drink and celebrating the incredible libations produced in this country. When you think about the range of alcoholic drinks such as beer, cider, wine, mead, whisky, gin to name just a few, and all the fantastic non-alcoholic drinks that are now on the market, Britain’s Drinks Cabinet is one of the most impressive in the world.’
Any pub groups, restaurants, caterers and retailers that want to focus on British drink and food and participate in British Food Fortnight can find out more at http://www.lovebritishfood.co.uk/
– ENDS –
For Further information, contact:
Jane Peyton: Telephone: 07729 601 590. Email: email@example.com
Love British Food: Telephone: 020 323 97032 or email through the website: http://www.lovebritishfood.co.uk/pages/contact
Notes To Editors
- Jane Peyton was the UK’s first accredited Pommelier (cider sommelier) and Britain’s first Beer Sommelier of the Year. She is the instigator and driving force of the UK’s annual national beer day – Beer Day Britain (June 15th). She is a former Imbibe Magazine Drinks Educator of the Year. For her beer work she was awarded the title Outstanding Individual Achievement in Beer from the Beer & Cider Marketing Awards, and a Lifetime Achievement Award from Britain’s All Party Parliamentary Beer Group. She has certificates and accreditations from the Wine& Spirit Education Trust and the Beer & Cider Academy
Love British Food
- Love British Food is the leading national promotion of British food. Love British Food 2019 is sponsored by Co-op Food and is a Partner of the British Government Great British Food Campaign
- High profile food ambassadors include chefs, broadcasters, writers and personalities including Raymond Blanc, Candice Brown and Chris Bavin
- Love British Food website is a year-round source of advice on producing, buying and eating British, and includes information for all sectors on how to get involved with, and organise, British food promotions and events across the UK
- Love British Food and British Food Fortnight are the brainchildren of Alexia Robinson. Alexia founded British Food Fortnight in 2002 in response to the Foot & Mouth crisis