Salcombe Brewery has announced that, in response to self-isolation requirements and other new restrictions, they are launching a new free home doorstep delivery service which will take bag-in-box draught beer and bottles of their award-winning range of beers directly to the door of consumers across all TQ postcodes and specified PL and EX postcodes*. This new service, with the order, payment and delivery arrangements being in accordance with Government’s advice to avoid non essential person-to-person contact, will be launched on Friday 20th March and will sit alongside their well established online shop which already delivers their bottled beers and cider to consumers nationwide.
Owner of Salcombe Brewery, John Tiner comments: “We all face a few tough months ahead, whether in self-isolation or simply reducing travel and social contact in line with Government advice. We will all need a few treats to keep us going and what better to lift the spirits than a delivery of a case of bottled beers or a 9 pint box of your favourite draught Salcombe Brewery ale? Details of the postcode coverage and how this service will work can be found one click away on our website at www.salcombebrewery.com.”
The new delivery service will start on Friday 20th March and covers bottled beers and draught beer bag-in-boxes to residents in our local area**. They can choose from Salcombe Brewery’s range of much-loved draught beers which include the highly popular Seahorse, Lifesaver, Devon Amber, Shingle Bay, Salcombe Gold as well as their bottled Salcombe Pale Ale and Island Street Porter.
John Tiner continues: “We have always actively supported our local community and we are pleased to be able to offer this service free from any delivery charges. We are already in discussions with other local businesses to add other products to this service to provide even greater assistance to those whose movements are restricted during this period but in the meantime, we hope that our beers will bring a welcome ray of coastal sunshine to all our customers.”
For further information on Salcombe Brewery Co. please visit www.salcombebrewery.com email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01548 854888. Follow Salcombe Brewery Co. on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
*Persons ordering must be over the age of 18. Proof of age may be required at the point of delivery.
**Bottled beers in cases of 8x500ml and 12 x 330ml and bag-in box draught beer of 9 pints.
– ENDS –
Notes to Editor
- Salcombe Brewery Co. was founded by John and Gerry Tiner in September 2016. After 35 years of fun-filled family holidays nearby, John and Gerry moved to the area and soon discovered that the local area’s favourite beer, Shingle Bay, might be under threat, so they decided to set up a new brewery and acquire the recipe.
- John and Gerry had a vision to create a company ethos of an eco-friendly, locally supportive brewery making a rich variety of mouth-watering beer. They secured investment both nationally and internationally by shareholders who shared the same sense of belief in the high quality of the beer.
- The seahorse logo behind the brand of Salcombe Brewery Co. is representative of the fact that the Salcombe estuary is one of the few places in the UK you can find the rarer of the two species of seahorse. Inspired by local surroundings, Salcombe Brewery Co. takes pride in its local roots, which is reflected in the branding. Unique, fresh and contemporary, the seahorse is a seal of high quality represented by the beers.
- SIBA award winning Island Street Porter is a hand crafted, sumptuous porter. Its blend of eight malts produce hints of dark chocolate, coffee and black cherry which, combined with British hops, creates an aroma reminiscent of Black Forest gateaux (ABV 5.9%, 330ml bottles).
- Salcombe Pale Ale is a fresh, full-bodied and powerfully hopped pale ale. Its orange, pink grapefruit and anise flavour raises a glass to Salcombe’s 19th century fruit trade. Dry hopped with Summit and Simcoe for a robust, complex beer that’s bursting with flavour (ABV 4.6%, 330ml bottles).
- Devon Amber is an amber coloured classic best bitter from Devon. This easy drinking malt driven bitter has a dry, yet sweet aftertaste (ABV 3.8%, 9,18 & 36 pint bag-in boxes and 500ml bottles).
- Seahorse is an amber ale with a name which reflects the fact that the Salcombe estuary is a breeding ground for two species of seahorse. This sweet and smooth ale has a gentle spicy hop character with hints of burnt toffee, caramel and a smoked malty finish (ABV 4.4%, 9,18 & 36 pint bag-in boxes and 500ml bottles).
- Lifesaver is a tasty bronze coloured ale that has a pleasant malty flavour with a smack of citrus and orange peel. The initial citrus flavour gently fades into a subtle liquorice and toffee character with a floral finish (ABV 4.8%, 9,18 & 36 pint bag-in boxes and 500ml bottles).
- Shingle Bay is a delightfully easy drinking golden ale that has a pleasant fruity aroma and a subtle crisp bite. The use of the pacific gem hop adds a complexity to the aroma with notes of blackberry and spiced fruit (ABV 4.2%,9,18 & 36 pint bag-in boxes and 500ml bottles).
- Salcombe Gold is a light harvest gold ale with a long hoppy finish. Using some of the best hops the USA has to offer in Citra, Amarillo and Chinook. These hops result in a citrus driven aroma and flavour supported by hints of melon, apricot and peach (ABV 4.2%, 9,18 & 36 pint bag-in boxes).
For further information, photography or an interview with John Tiner, owner of Salcombe Brewery Co., please contact:
Hayley Reynolds at RAW Food and Drink PR
Telephone: 07887 474 104