While it is reported that enquiries for self-catering have increased by over 100% in recent weeks it is important that pubs capitalise on staycations as many people will forego their foreign vacations.
We need to ensure that pubs have visibility on the internet as 70% of accommodation is booked online. This is where Stay in a Pub will invest over £100k in a marketing campaign through social media using Facebook, Instagram and Google to drive awareness of pubs in the accommodation sector. Fortunately Stay in a Pub already has a good search recognition on Google being No 1 on 44 common used terms and in the top 4 on a further 500 search terms.
Normally pub stays are for 2-3 nights and pubs should be targeting the short break market. There are two key areas pubs need to focus on – flexible cancellation policies and offers. The latter can be a discount package for 2-3 nights or even a welcome drink.
Pre Covid the Stay in a Pub website was achieving 30,000 hits per month and with this digital marketing campaign is looking to achieve 125,000 hits per month by 2022.
Over recent years there has been a surge of investment in pub accommodation and Christies believe pubs with rooms have a premium valuation in excess of 25%. This third income stream for pubs is profitable in its own right but also adds to the food and beverage sales and can be a lifesaver for rural pubs.
- Stay In A Pub lists 1,500 pubs with rooms and was established in 2013.
- It is the No 1 pub accommodation site on Google
- It gained £¾million of funding in late 2019 to promote the sector.
- It’s Chairman, Harry Hill, through his company, was one of the original investors in Rightmove and the founder, Paul Nunny, together bring expertise to the sector.
- Working closely with Visit Britain and Visit England to promote inbound tourism and are partners in their “We’re Good To Go” Covid Safe Scheme.
- Pre Covid 17% of bookings came from abroad showing the draw of the British pub
Press release from Stay in a Pub
For more information, contact Paul@cask-marque.co.uk