The Elite Fish & Chip Company is kicking off its anniversary year with a specially brewed beer and it’s inviting customers to enjoy a drop of Ruslinford Ale with their fish suppers.
Brewed up by the Lincolnshire Brewing Company in Langworth, the beer celebrates 30 years since the family-run and award-winning fish and chip business opened its doors in Ruskington.
Director Rachel Tweedale explains the name: “We are really excited to be bringing Ruslinford Ale to all three of our restaurants, where customers can enjoy a refreshing drink with their fish and chips. We’re very pleased to have had the name suggested by loyal customer John Walker.
“John’s name is a combination of our restaurant locations in Lincolnshire, in the order they opened, Ruskington, Lincoln and Sleaford. We loved it and John has already enjoyed his prize of a meal with his family.”
John added: “My thoughts with the name were to maintain a strong link to the Elite brand by trying to incorporate parts of the Elite locations. Writing down the locations in the order in which they opened, I was able to take a little bit from each to come up with Ruslinford Ale. I was pleased to hear that it had been selected as the winner and I look forward to sampling a drop!”
Diners at all three of Elite’s restaurants can enjoy a bottle for just £3.90 while those wanting a taste of the beer at home can purchase them at The Crafty Bottle, the brewery’s shop on The Strait, Lincoln.
Claire Brown, Director at the Lincolnshire Brewing Company, said: “We’re so pleased to have been able to be part of Elite’s anniversary year. The beer is light, hoppy and the perfect accompaniment to fish and chips. We hope everyone enjoys it, and with the specially commissioned label we think it will also be sought after by beer fans from all over!”
September 2018 marks 30 years since the Tweedale family moved from Huddersfield and opened the first shop in the village of Ruskington near Sleaford. To mark the occasion the Elite is also embarking on a year-long celebration, and plans are already afoot to raise a £30,000 total to be split equally to three charities: the RAF Wings Appeal, the RNLI and Sleaford Dementia Support.
Notes to editors:
- The Elite Fish & Chip Company has three restaurants and takeaways: Lincoln, Ruskington and Sleaford.
- Awards recently won include: ‘Heart of the Community’ at the Lincolnshire Media Business Awards, ‘Big Heart’ at the National Family Business Awards and ‘Regional Family Business of the Year’ at the East Midlands FSB Awards.
- It has been serving the finest fish and chips for more than 40 years.
- It is a family-owned business in its third generation of friers.
- The company will be fundraising for, the RAF Wings Appeal, the RNLI and the Sleaford Dementia Group throughout 2018.
- Follow The Elite Fish and Chip Company on Twitter @chippyelite
To download the news release and a high-res image, please visit our newsroom: https://www.weareshootingstar.co.uk/Newsroom/three-cheers-elites-ruslinford-ale/
For media information please contact: Mike Shields PR Account Manager Shooting Star 01522 528540 email@example.com