The deadline for this year’s Guild Awards is fast approaching, so if you haven’t yet submitted your best work into any of our 13 categories, make sure you do so before the closing date of 10 September. Only by entering can you be in with a chance to take your place on the winners’ podium in December – and a share of our £15,000 prize fund!
All entries will be judged on how well they further the Guild’s mission “to extend public knowledge and appreciation of beer and pubs”. The criteria for each category and details of how to enter can be found on the Awards page of our website.
Judging is carried out by a panel chaired by Emma Inch, Guild Chair and including Keith Bott, MD of Titanic Brewery; Sarah Bridge, founder of the A Lady of Leisure travel website and former Mail on Sunday correspondent; Joanna Copestick, publisher at Kyle Books; Matt Eley, communications consultant and former editor of Inapub magazine; Paul Hegarty, Secretary of the All-Party Parliamentary Beer Group; Emma McClarkin, chief executive of the British Beer & Pub Association; Ned Palmer, cheesemonger and author; Valentine Warner, chef, writer and broadcaster and Georgina Young, brewing director at St Austell Brewery.
After the judging, the Guild will publish a shortlist for all categories in November. The winners and runners up for each will be unveiled at our Awards Dinner. One category winner will go on to win the overall Beer Writer of the Year Award and the Guild also will also name its Brewer of the Year, sponsored by SIBA, based on votes cast by Guild members.
The Guild Awards Dinner will be held on 2 December at One Great George Street, Victoria. Tickets for members and guests will go on sale on the Guild website later this year.
Thanks to our sponsors, whose generosity makes possible our Awards and dinner. This year’s categories are:
- Greene King Award for Best Beer Writer, National Media
- Adnams Award for Best Beer Writer, Regional Media
- Heineken UK Award for Best Beer Communicator, Online
- Asahi UK Award for Best Beer Broadcaster
- Budweiser Brewing Group UK&I Award for Best Writing about No and Low Alcohol Beers
- Carlsberg Marston’s Brewing Company Award for Best Writing about Sustainability in Beer and Pubs
- VisitFlanders Award for Best Beer and Travel Writer
- Shepherd Neame Award for Best Writing about Pubs
- Fuller, Smith & Turner Award for Best Young Beer Writer
- NEW FOR 2021: Guild Award for Best Book about Beer or Pubs
- Guild Award for Best Beer Writer, Trade Media
- Guild Award for Best Citizen Beer Communicator
- Guild Award for Best Beer Writer, Corporate Communications
- SIBA Brewer of the Year Award (by member vote)