The Royals are delighted to announce a deal with the award-winning West Berkshire Brewery, allowing fans to enjoy locally brewed premium craft beers on a matchday.
The multi-award winning classic bitter “Good Old Boy” (4% ABV), a perennial favourite boasting a host of accolades, will be available outside the East Stand and in hospitality from January 31st – when Sheffield Wednesday take on Steve Clarke’s men at Madejski Stadium.
Reading Football Club Co-Chairman Sir John Madejski recently headed down to the brewery to meet with staff and take a guided tour of the premises – and was hugely impressed with what he saw. “We are pleased to be working with West Berkshire Brewery on such an exciting partnership,” he said. “I was very impressed with the set-up, the enthusiasm of their employees and their plans for the future. There is undeniable synergy between Reading FC and West Berkshire Brewery.”
David Bruce, Chairman of the brewery, said: “It was great to meet Sir John to mark the exciting occasion of the West Berkshire Brewery teaming up with Reading Football Club. We are looking forward to a long and enjoyable relationship between our two local ventures.”
Based in Yattendon, WBB brew traditional cask ales and bottled beers. They have won more than 40 awards since they struck their first brew in 1995.
STAR spokesperson Roger Titford said: “We know there was an enthusiastic response to the trial sales of Good Old Boy at the end of last season and STAR is very pleased to see the club responding to the demand and setting up this partnership. It’s a great reason to get to the stadium early!”
Issued on behalf of Reading Football Club and West Berkshire Brewery.
David Bruce, Chairman of WBB & Sir John Madejski, Co-Chairman of Reading FC
For photography and further information, please contact:
Ross Jeavons, Reading Football Club
0118 968 1314
Victoria Mills, West Berkshire Brewery
About West Berkshire Brewery
- The West Berkshire Brewery (WBB), in Yattendon, Berkshire, is an award-winning, independent brewery, founded in 1995
- WBB has a stable of award-winning beers, including flagship brew Good Old Boy, Mister Swift’s Pale Ale and Dr Hexter’s Healer as well as a raft of seasonal and limited-edition brews. It has already won well over 40 awards, including a Gold Medal for Dr Hexter’s Healer in the strong beer category at the Great British Beer Festival in 2009
- WBB uses traditional brewing techniques and prides itself on using British raw materials
- WBB’s range of delicious beers are available in many free houses across the country, but also as a guest beer for Enterprise Inns and, most prestigiously, its bottled beers are available in Fortnum & Mason, Waitrose and Majestic Wines.
- For more information on WBB please visit www.wbbrew.com, call 01635 202968 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- WBB can also be found on Facebook and Twitter
- Reading FC, also known as The Royals, are a professional football club based in Berkshire – founded in 1871.
- They currently ply their trade in the Sky Bet Championship but have enjoyed two spells in the English Premier League
- The club hold the Football League record for points accrued in a single season – 106, picked up in their 2005/06 Championship winning campaign.
- For more information on the club visit www.readingfc.co.uk. To book tickets call 0118 968 1313, or for hospitality call 0118 968 1010.
- Follow the Royals on social media via their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Vineaccounts.